July 31, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

I am trading one kind of busy for another.  I have accomplished making 22 redneck wineglasses and a Fence Picket American Flag for custom orders this past two weeks.  On top of all that I am taking off with the kids (sans hubby) for a vacation to visit some family this week.  So, my time will be occupied by getting us ready and off to Vermont.  I promise to show off some of scenic Vermont in the summertime.


This is the new flag that was commissioned by a dear friend of mine.  I will be delivering it today to it's new owner.  It makes my heart melt when I know someone is going to appreciate a creation of mine as much (if not more) than I do.  This one looks slightly different than the first one seen below because I corrected some of the math. 

Since I was going to be busting out all the tools to make an American Flag I decided I would try my hand at doing a Fence Picket Texas flag.  The only thing I did different in the construction of the Texas flag was taking my circular saw and hacking off part of the pickets to bring it into the proper ratio of 2:3.  If you are interested in seeing the step by step of making a fence picket flag, go here.


The Texas flag, MUCH MUCH easier than doing an American flag.  The ratios are much easier to calculate and one star as opposed to fifty.  I'm not from Texas, but I birthed two Texans, so this will be going on the fence along side of the American flag, as soon as I install the hook on the fence.


I am looking forward to some traveling and can't wait to show off all the wonderful photos I know I am going to take...probably because I will take like 500 of them.  Some of them will have to turn out well when you take that many! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...