March 22, 2011

Cirque du Soleil: OVO

We went!  We saw!  We LOVED!!!  It was amazing!  The music, the costumes, the amazing acrobatics and the humor...it was all so wonderful.  Maben loved it too, except when mom and dad were trying to clap.  He hates it when people clap!  Colton held out about as well as any 17 month old could hold out while being confined during nap time.  I had to excuse us the last 5 minutes of the show, but we still watched that last 5 minutes...just not in our seats.

 (The big top sticking out from above one of their trailers)

I wish I could say that I took a ton of amazing photos, but there are no photos allowed under the big top!  I can completely understand why, with the acrobatics that the performers are doing, I wouldn't want someone's flash distracting me either.

My favorite costume was the grasshopper costume.  I seriously want to convince Maben to be a grasshopper for Halloween, just so I can attempt to make a knock off.  He has already attempted some of the acrobatics that the grasshoppers were doing at home on our sofa. 

(Photo taken from Cirque du Soleil's website)

OVO was such an amazing experience that I hope to be able to go and see more of their shows.  I want to know what other crazy physics defying acrobats they can perform.  Cirque du Soleil...my hats off to you and your ability to perform, inspire, captivate and never settling for anything less than great!

I was so happy that we got to go and that my friend Lex, who is a photographer, got to join us.  A giant Thank You goes to Katy Parent Magazine for being so gracious and giving away tickets.  Another Thank You goes to Lex for snapping a few photos for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...