February 4, 2011

GO RED Friday and Heart Health

Today is, "GO RED for Women Day!"  What that means, sport some red today!  Do it because you are now aware (if you weren't aware before reading this) that heart disease is the number one killer in not just men, but women too!  As I have stated previously in my blog, my mom died just over a year ago from heart disease.  This is the reason why I want to help spread the word with everyone!

So, in honor of my mom, I want to share some photos of her.  She was an amazing woman who raised six kids!  She was our biggest fan, was always a source of optimism and had a great sense of humor.  Her laugh was infectious and she loved with all her heart. 


In honor of my mom, check out a few of the ways I might be sporting some red.  I won't be wearing red just today, but often throughout the month of February.


If you want to learn more about how to be heart healthy, check out some of the links below. 

The Heart Truth
Go Red for Women
American Heart Association

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...