December 14, 2010

I have been baking up a storm

In the past few days, I have baked bread, made pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies.  I decided I would share with you one of the easiest recipes in my collection, the baked bread.  Home made bread is usually long and tedious to make, but not this bread.  I guarantee you will make a lot of bread after you learn this recipe.  I have to thank my dear friend Jenni for giving me this recipe (to which I have tweaked it just a hair) and am now sharing with you.

There are only 4 ingredients!  That's right...only 4.  There is no waiting for the bread to rise either.  You will have a loaf of bread in an  hour.  It sounds too good to be true, but it isn't.  This is a dense beer bread and oh so delicious!

Beer Bread
Ingredients:
1 bottle of beer (I prefer an amber or stout beer)
3 cups of self-rising flour
1 cup of sugar
Salted butter


Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.  


Mix beer, flour and sugar together in a bowl.  It will be very sticky.  Place in a bread pan (I prefer to bake it in a ceramic or glass bread pan).  Bake in the oven for 55 minutes.  Once you pull it out of the oven, rub salted butter over the top and let it cool (Don't rub more than 2 tablespoons on top).  Serve with honey butter or preserves.  (I almost exclusively serve mine with honey butter and it is super yummy and requested often by my family)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...